I mentioned last week on Weecap #10, that I made some plantstrong (vegan) tacos, and in them I included fresh green tomatoes because I've never actually had raw green tomatoes. I've only eaten them the Fried Green Tomato way which is total yum but not really the healthiest because it's all battered and fried.
So, I've gotten on a green tomato kick. From around the noshosphere with mouth watering photos from tasty food bloggers, here are 5 things you can make with fresh green tomatoes.
- Condiment fun: Green tomato chutney [Things We Make]
- Great for brunch: Caprese Salad with Red and Green Tomatoes and Kiwifruit [Kalyn's Kitchen]
- Vegan and gluten-free: Green Tomato and Onion Turnovers [Manifest Vegan]
- Pizza-ish or Quiche-ish. You decide: Green Tomato Pie [Sprout and Pea]
- Salad time: Caramelized Green Tomato and Nectarine Salad [Danazia]
Do you have a favorite green tomato recipe?