So you had an awesome 4th of July 3-day weekend filled with debauchery and decadence and now you feel like crap and want to know how to make it better. I got ya!
Here's some quick tips:
- First, no judgement or beating up of the self. It's easy to start waving the finger of blame and shame at your self, but really what good is that? It's done, the past, can't be changed. What you can do is learn from the experience like next time, when you partake in a day full of booze, drink a glass of water in between each cocktail to help lessen the hangoverness the next day. Also pace yourself versus doing shot after shot.
- And speaking of water, drink lots of water today. The H20 will help flush out all those toxins and ickies...yes not a scientific word but you know what I'm talking about.
- Go for a walk or even better go for a run, or kickboxing, or anything that gets your body into sweat pouring mode. Feeling hungover or bloated, I know the last thing you feel like doing is a sweaty workout, but really all that sweating helps burn away the ickies and it gets your endorphins kicking which is a much better feeling. Trust me, getting up and at 'em will be hard but you will be sooooo happy later on that you did.
- Eat some greens and water packed foods like watermelon or cucumbers. Simple soups are good too like a chicken and rice or pea soup. Again, the water helps hydrate your body and it's gentler in your stomach after eating decadent foods like burgers, BBQ, and apple pie.
- Take a nap. I'm a fan of the nap as it helps give your body some needed rest and sleep.
What other tips have you found that work? Try some of these and feel better soon!
Photo on Flickr by Roland