This dish is one of my favorite from the Whole Foods deli. I couldn't find a recipe online, but I just read the ingredients on the dish and made up a recipe. It's really one of the easiest dishes you can make, and awesome as a side dish for summer time BBQs.
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 4 cobs of boiled or grilled fresh corn
- 2 handfuls of fresh arugula chopped
- 1/4 red onion thinly slivered
- 1 tbsp of your favorite vinaigrette (I used a raspberry vinaigrette) or 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar.
- sea or kosher salt to taste
- Slice off in strips the sides of the cobs of corn. Break the strip of corn into smaller chunks. Part of the fun of this dish is the odd clusters of corn.
- In a big bowl, put in the corn, the chopped arugula and slivered red onion.
- Pour in the vinaigrette and some salt, and mix well together.
- I start off with 1 tbsp of vinaigrette to get the flavor going. I lean towards just a hint of vinaigrette so the flavors of the corn and arugula are dominant versus the dressing.
- Chill in fridge for like 15 minutes, and serve.